Friday, December 5, 2008

wearing all hats

I'm really a slacker when it comes to this blogging!  But, hey, I have been working HARD!  The past week, I've been perfecting the patterns, sewing samples, and paying my kids quarters and gummies to try things on (my son's a size 4, I don't tell him it's girl's clothes -- the leggings and tops look great on him!).  The organic cotton jersey and rib that was rushed from NearSeas Naturals are amazingly soft! They are going to be used for the tees and tunics.  I forgot that there's so much prep work when you are marking and cutting -- I had to lay out the fabrics to let them recover and rest, get creative with the fabric consumption when I laid out the graded patterns, cut-organize-bundle all the pieces for the sewers. Whew! I have to say that I'm pretty proud that I can get a concept going and 6 piece mini collection produced in a month.  Minor is still in its infancy stage at this point.  This past month was the easy stuff.  It isn't even touching on all the work that need to be done for the next step!

There will be sort of a preview and shop of minor's fw08 collection at Secession Art and Design, next week, Dec 12.  It would be great to see everybody and get feedback.  I'm working on a little gift with purchase incentive : ) Invite and details to follow.....

1 comment:

Sarah Santa Maria said...

MArgie, you are an inspiration! What a great idea, beautiful children and wonderful product!
All the best
xos